Thursday, May 6, 2010

First Day at NCSU

Between the students and surgeon, Razz had a complete examination. Our student was not able to detect the torn CCL, but to her defense....small girl, BIG DOG, and that's what the teaching school is all about. Anyway after a couple of hours we had our game plan. Like I said earlier, there they perform TTO's and I thought they did TTA's. I was nervous because I had not had the chance to research TTO's yet. Not that it would have mattered alot because there is almost nothing out there showing other dogs recovering from this type of surgery. That is the main reason I am posting about Razz. Maybe it will help someone else. I was shown the TPLO and TTA. Then next the TTO, which is a combination of the two. I met one surgeon, but another actually performed the procedure. I was told at NCSU they do about 200 or so a year and have been doing this surgery there for four years....

No comments:

Post a Comment