Friday, May 7, 2010

The Day After Surgery


Very excited and nervous about picking my big boy up today. I know we have a long couple of months ahead of us. I just wanted make sure things go as smoothly as possible. One thing that really bothers me is the small CRACK at the bottom of the first cut on the tibia. They did not see it until they rolled him into radiolgy after closing him up. Although they assured me it would heal, they said the first few days are critical.

And the ride home was a nightmare. Make sure ESPECAILLY if you have a drive ahead of you, that you get a SUV or SOMETHING that you can ride in the back of with your dog to keep him off his feet. We have a Sport Trac with a campershell. He stood up for over an hour off and on. My nerves were shot!!!

We got home that evening around six. He could not get up the steps by his self at all. William and Charlie carried him up. He was hungry. He did not eat for them at all. I controlled his amount the first night because I didn't want him getting sick. He did poop and pee as soon as he got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment